Thursday, December 14, 2006

Google Reader

I've been exploring the possiblities of the various tools that Google has been adding to my account. The first was BlogSpot, which is a nice blogging system. A few days ago I added a RSS feed to one of my sites, and added it to my google reader so I could see how it works.

It worked really well, and I was able to share the RSS feed and email the link to others as well. Nice feature.

This morning I got a google alert letting me know that a new link had been added to my RSS feed. So I clicked on it and I learned that you have to name the feed correctly for google to pick it up. I had named the feed http://www.( WRONG! It has to be named http://www.( Now that's a gotcha!

No comments: